Het Wooldrikpark is named after a farmhouse called 'Het Wooldrik' (1475). The farm currenlty used as childrens farm, is build in 1788. During the 19th century this farmhouse and surrounded grounds were owned by textile family Ter Kuile who turned it into an estate. The design was made by Wattez who also made some other parks in Enschede. Over the years several families owned the estate and nowadays it is smaller that it used to be. Parts were sold to contruct houses or roads. In 1950 textilemaker GJ van Heek bought the park to save it. They donated it to the city in order to make it a public park. Beside the childrens farm the park has several art object and there is a special tree-route.