The 'Abraham Ledeboerpark', designed by Dirk Wattez in 1880, has it's name from the textile tycoon Abraham Ledeboer who took initiative to design and build the park. Untill 1956 a villa was part of the park but it was was demolished when the park was donated to the city. A visitorscenter is can be found in the park. It is situated in a so-called 'Los Hoes', a place where people and animals used to live together. Originally this Los Hoes was build in the nearby village Usselo and rescued from being broken down by moving every single stone to the Ledeboerpark.